The new statcheck 1.2.2* is now on CRAN!
- Improved the regular expressions to avoid that statcheck wrongly recognizes weird statistics with subscripts as chi-squares
- You can now choose whether to count “p = .000” as incorrect (this was default in the previous version)
- The statcheck plot function now renders a plot in APA style (thanks to John Sakaluk for writing this code!)
- Give pop-up window to choose a file when there is no file specified in “checkPDF()” or “checkHTML()”
For the full list of adaptations, see the History page on GitHub.
Besides the new updated package, I also created a detailed manual with instructions for installation and use of statcheck, including many examples and explanation of the output. You can find the manual on RPubs here.
* For the people who actually know what this numbering stands for: you may have noticed that the previous version on CRAN was version 1.0.2, so this seems like a weird step. It is. It’s because at first I had no idea what these numbers stood for (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH), so I was just adding numbers at random. Actually the previous version should have been 1.1.x, which means that I’m now at 1.2.x. The last two PATCHES were because I messed up the R CMD check and had to fix some last minute things 🙂